GIVEAWAY: Words to Live By Best Advice Contest
1. DATES: The Grandparents.com Inc. Words to Live By Best Advice Contest will begin on August 14, 2013 at 12:00 am (EST). It will end on September 1, 2013 at 12:00 pm (EST). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter go to and complete an Official Entry Form including your best advice, photo of you or you and your grandkids, your full name, ZIP code, phone number, and a statement that you have read these rules and accept them as a condition of your entry. By entering the Contest, you consent to being placed on a postal and e-mail mailing list for promotional and other purposes. There is no limit to the number of entries one person may submit.
3. PRIZES: Five (5) winners will receive a AncestryDNA Kit from Ancestry.com valued at $99.(Ninety-nine dollars) and will have their Words to Live By Best Advice and photo featured on Grandparents.com and/or on Grandparents.com’s Facebook page. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entries received, as judged pursuant to these Official Rules. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Each prize returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five (5) days after first attempted delivery will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per household or address. The prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
4. ELIGILIBITY AND LIMITATIONS: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (COLLECTIVELY, THE "U.S.") WHO ARE AGE 18 OR OLDER. IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THE U.S., YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND Grandparents Acquisition Company, LLC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. All participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, judges, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Participating Entities"), and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited or restricted by law. There is no limit to the number of entries that you may submit, provided that they are distinctly different recipes. If an entrant submits multiple entries that contain the same or substantially similar recipe, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, only the first such entry received by Sponsor may be eligible to win a prize. No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will be accepted.
5. CONTEST RULES: Grandparents.com is looking for grandparents best advice! Submit your Original Advice (an "Words to Live By best Advice") and submit it according to the instructions described above. Each Original Advice must: be your own original creation, Judging Criteria - After the Deadline, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor (the ‘Judges') shall select three (5) Original Advice that the Judges, in their sole and absolute discretion, determine to be Original Advice that best embody the following criteria for the Contest: (a) Advice. Advice should have an element of tradition and/or family and a relevant story behind it; (b) Meaningfulness. Advice should convey a sense that they guide future generations. The Original Advice selected by the Judges as the winners shall be deemed the winners. The winners shall be awarded the prize. In addition, the Judges, in their sole and absolute discretion may also select additional Original Adivce as Runner(s) Up not selected winners. The Judges shall be under no obligation to select a Runner(s) Up, but may select as many as deemed appropriate. The winners and Runners Up will be announced September 8, 2013.
DELIVERY DISCLAIMER: The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, email, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Participating Entities will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest
By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, location, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other giveaways and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
7. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Prizes are not transferrable or redeemable for cash. The Company will require winners to comply with all federal and state tax laws, including providing any required W-9 or other tax forms.
DECISIONS: The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the giveaway, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, the Company will resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules and the Company's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
8.SPONSOR OWNERSHIP OF ENTIRES: All entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph 7. 8. Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity. 9. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release the Sponsor and the Participating Entities from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. USE OF WINNER"S NAME AND LIKENESS, ETC. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winners' name, address, likeness (photo) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. 11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
10. WINNERS LIST: Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after September 8, 2013 and before September 30, 2013 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Grandparents.com Words to Live By – Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Grandparents.com Words to Live By - Rules. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
11. COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2013 by Sponsor. All rights reserved.
12. MISCELLANEOUS: The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of New York. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below.
13. CONTEST SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Contest is Grandparents.com, 589 8th Ave., 6th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
How well do you get along with your grandchild and other family members? Want to know if your personalities mesh?Find out here.