Chocolate and almonds are a delectable match in this decadent gluten-free dessert.
2 sticks unsalted butter
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1-1/4 cups gluten-free baking mix (see above)
1/4 cup potato flour (not potato starch)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place butter in a 9- x 12-inch baking dish and place dish in the oven to melt butter. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, gluten-free baking mix, potato flour, cocoa powder and salt. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, almond extract and honey or agave.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add melted butter and blend well. Stir in almonds.
4. Pour batter back into baking dish and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly overtop. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Invert onto a cutting board and slice into 8 to 10 brownies. Serve warm or place completely cooled brownies in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Serves 8 to 10
Return to: Gluten-Free Recipes
For more SheKnows.com recipes:
This article was created and published with permission from sheknows.com.
How well do you get along with your grandchild and other family members? Want to know if your personalities mesh?Find out here.