A dish that satisfies fried-food lovers of any age. The contributor's adult daughter told him, "This is the best fried chicken I've ever tasted!" and she was thrilled to learn it wasn't fried.
4 large chicken cutlets, about 1 1/2 pounds, flattened, left whole or sliced into 2-inch wide "fingers"
1 cup bread crumbs
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 teaspoon dry basil or other herb of your choice
1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Coat a rimmed baking sheet or pan with 1 tablespoon oil.
3. Dip each chicken slice in the 1/4 cup oil.
4. Blend salt, pepper, and herbs with bread crumbs.
5. Dredge the oiled slices in the flavored bread crumbs.
6. Place the prepared slices on the oiled pan, leaving room between each piece.
7. Sprinkle with any leftover oil.
8. Bake 12 to 16 minutes (depending on thickness); place under broiler for 2 to 4 minutes to turn deep gold.
— contributed by Grandma's Kitchen member KitchenKlutz
How well do you get along with your grandchild and other family members? Want to know if your personalities mesh?Find out here.