Cooking With Nonna
Courtesy of Cooking With Nonna
This simple meal is loved by the Romans. It’s healthful and satisfying, too!
1 pound London broil, or any large cut beef that you prefer
2 cups fresh arugula
1/2 cup white wine
3 large sage leaves
3 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Slice the beef into very thin strips about 2 inches long.
2. In a saute pan add olive oil, garlic (whole) and sage.
3. Saute the garlic for a minute and add the beef.
4. Saute the beef for about 3 to 4 minutes, while constantly stirring it.
5. Add the wine. Salt and pepper to taste and let the wine evaporate.
6. In the last minute of cooking, add 1 cup of arugula and mix well.
7. Serve over a bed of the remaining arugula.
Reprinted with permission from Cooking with Nonna.
How well do you get along with your grandchild and other family members? Want to know if your personalities mesh?Find out here.