Updated July 10, 2014
Table of Contents:
We collect and store information that you choose to provide to us as well as data related to how you use and visit the Site.
• Creating an Account- Many features on the Site can be accessed without creating an account, but there are some activities (like participating in online chat rooms) that require you to register for a member account. Creating a member account requires you to provide your name and email address, and to select a username and password. We have two levels of membership, Basic (free) Membership and Premium Membership. If you select Premium Membership, you will also need to provide a billing address, credit card information, gender and birth month and year.
• Completing your Profile- Once you have created an account, you can choose to provide additional personal information that can be seen by other members of the Site when they click on your profile, including your age, location, birthdate, gender, photograph and a short bio. Members can also see information about your use of the Site, such as the date on which you became a member, your active posts count, your profile views count and your membership title (e.g. newbie, member, advanced member). Your user name and comments you make on the Site will always be viewable to other Site users, including non-members.
• Content You Upload to the Site- Using your account, certain functions of the Site allow you to upload, submit, disclose and share information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, products, services or other materials (“Content”). It is solely up to you whether you provide the information described above. If you do provide such information, you are consenting to the use of that information in accordance with the policies and practices described in this Policy.
• Data We Automatically Collect- During your visit we automatically collect aggregate information and analytical data related to your Site visit. Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable or anonymous information about you such as your IP address and your site visit history. Please see the section titled “Use and Sharing of Aggregate Information” below for information regarding third parties that we share this type of information with and who are allowed to collect this type of information about you directly when you use the Site.
We use the information we collect from you to manage the Site, resolve problems and respond to questions. When you create an account, we automatically enroll you in the American Grandparents Association (“AGA”). As a member of the AGA, you will receive email newsletters about products or services that we think will interest you, have access to coupons and deals, and are able to join online forums provided by the Site that allow you to connect with other grandparents. For more information on the AGA, click here. Please see the section titled “Choice and Opt-Out” below for information on how to unsubscribe from our mailings or marketing materials.
When you upload Content to the Site, we may choose to publish or display that Content (together with your username) on the Site and in materials related to the Site and our products and services (including our advertising and marketing materials). Published Content can be viewed by other Site visitors. Please review the section titled “User Submissions and Content” in our Terms of Service for additional information regarding your obligations and promises you make when you provide Content to the Site.
• Service Providers and Partners– Depending on the preferences you select when registering for an account, we may share your account and profile information with our service providers who help us manage the Site and market our products or services. In addition, if you opt-in to receiving marketing emails, we share information such as your name, email address, location, age, birthday and gender with certain trusted third parties so that they can contact you directly to market or sell their products and services.
• Credit Card Processor- We use a third-party credit card processor to process credit card payments for Premium Memberships. Your name, billing address, and order total are securely shared with this payment processor so that they can complete your order. Your credit card information (including your credit card number, the expiration date, and the security code on the back of your credit card) is securely transmitted to our credit card processor and stored by the credit card processor and not by us.
• Legal Processes; Your Agent or Guardian- We may disclose information to third parties in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other similar legal process. If a subpoena requests information about a user, we’ll make (if permitted) reasonable business efforts to contact that user before providing information to the party that requests it, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so in all cases. In addition, we disclose information that we believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms of Service. We may disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
• A Company That Purchases or Merges with Us- As with any other business, it is possible that in the future we could merge with or be acquired by another company. If an acquisition occurs, the successor entity would have access to the information we have collected, including customer account information, but would continue to be bound by this Policy unless and until it is amended.
This Site works with a first party cookie that collects anonymous traffic data at the Site. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site and track whether you are logged into the Site during a particular visit. In addition, we use persistent cookies to store how you came to the Site, recognize Site materials and Content you view and identify you automatically when you re-visit the Site. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the web sites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the Do Not Track signal, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals on the Site.
The security of your account relies on your protection of your user name and password. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your user name and password and are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You may not share your password or user name with anyone. We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on the Site. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account on the Site and changing your Profile settings. If you believe that an unauthorized access has already occurred please report it immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can choose to unsubscribe from marketing emails using the links contained in each marketing email you receive by following the instructions included in each email. If you experience difficulty managing your notification settings or would like to opt-out of future mailings, you can contact us for help at email@example.com.
You can review, correct, update or change your personal information on your account profile at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your Profile, review your information and, if you wish, edit it with the options provided. If you are unable to edit your information by logging into your account please contact us for help.
The Site includes links to third party websites (“Third Party Sites”) where information, products or services that may be of interest to you can be located. Third Party Sites include, among others, service providers who have a relationship with the Company.
Third Party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for Third Party Sites or for their accuracy, sufficiency, correctness, reliability, veracity, completeness, or timeliness, any link contained therein, or any changes or updates to those sites. The inclusion or access to Third Party Sites does not imply an endorsement by the Company, or of the provider’s content or services. We reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. Nonetheless, we try to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these Third Party Sites.
This Site and our services are not directed to persons under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from, market to or accept services from children. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Each time you use the Site, the current version of the Policy will apply. When you use the Site, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top of the Policy) and review any changes since the last version. Our business changes frequently and this Policy is subject to change from time to time. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that we have about you. We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past or collect substantially more customer information than in the past without the consent of affected customers.
This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents and who have provided the Company with “personal information” (as defined by Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident with questions regarding this, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by mail at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you have questions regarding this Policy, you may contact us using the information below.
589 8th Avenue, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Please also visit our Terms of Service establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site.
How well do you get along with your grandchild and other family members? Want to know if your personalities mesh?Find out here.