They aren't really french fries, but they'll fool even the most dedicated fan of the little, grease-stained cardboard containers.
2 russet potatoes, peeled, washed, dried
1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, cut halves lengthwise into fourths to make 16 big wedges.
3. Preheat a rimmed baking sheet in the hot oven for at least 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and the salt.
5. Carefully brush the heated baking sheet with the remaining oil.
6. Spread potatoes on the heated baking sheet, in a single layer, pouring any extra oil over them.
7. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, shaking the pan every now and then, until the potatoes are cooked through, brown, and crispy.
8. Toss fries in a big bowl, top with parsley if desired.
— contributed by Grandma's Pantry member HarryLime
How well do you get along with your grandchild and other family members? Want to know if your personalities mesh?Find out here.