Active time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated 2 percent milk
2 (5-ounce) cans solid white tuna
8 ounces wide noodles, cooked
1 slice whole-wheat bread
1 tablespoon parsley
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
5 scallions, sliced
1/4 cup celery, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a food processor, pulse bread. Transfer to a baking sheet; bake 6 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp parsley.
2. In a saucepan, sauté mushrooms, scallions, and celery in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add 1/3 cup flour; cook 1 minute.
3. Whisk in evaporated milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thick.
4. Stir in tuna; noodles salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking dish; top with crumbs.
5. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
Cook's Note: Freeze for up to three months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 410 calories, 48g carbs, 25g protein, 13g fat, 35mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 2g fiber
How well do you get along with your grandchild and other family members? Want to know if your personalities mesh?Find out here.